Our Planet

Supporting Our Customer’s Sustainability Efforts

JPR Systems wants to contribute to a world that provides a viable future with enhanced quality of life for everyone. While JPR Systems does not manufacturer products, we strive to contribute to our customer’s sustainability efforts by offering the most effective measurement instrumentation and solutions designed to optimize their facility and support environmental goals. A few examples include:

-By installing FLEXIM BTU meters in large Hospital and University campuses, energy consumption can be optimized by accurately measuring the energy being used in each building, both for heating and cooling applications. HVAC Hot & Chilled Water Flow Meters | FLEXIM

-Thousands of miles of critical pipeline infrastructure are protected from winter conditions, many of these were wasting energy as they are only thermostatically controlled. In some cases, the freeze protection energy only needs to be activated when flow of the product stops. nVent Freeze protection technology automatically reduces power to circuits when liquid is flowing, saving energy. nVent RAYCHEM Elexant 4010i Heat Tracing Controller | JPR Systems

-Optimizing combustion control in industrial boilers and heaters is critical to reduce emissions with complete combustion of the fuel source. Yokogawa Tunable Laser technology has been successful in doing this for industrial plants across the world. Tunable Diode Laser Spectrometer TDLS8000 | JPR Systems

-Industrial plants are designed to contain toxic and combustible liquids and vapors, but on occasion these gases can escape into the atmosphere. Beyond the immediate risk to employees and their neighbors, these gases contribute to climate change and can find their way back into our oceans and streams. Additionally, industrial plants can catch fire which introduces even more pollutants into the air. MSA gas detectors alert customers to any leaks quickly so corrective action can be taken. Fixed Gas & Flame Detection | JPR Systems

-There are large quantities of fluids stored at industrial facilities, some of these fluids have vapors that are bad for the planet. A well-designed storage vessel includes specialty vents to prevent vapors from escaping. In some cases, the fluids are “blanketed” with a small amount of Nitrogen, SO2 or CO2. These blanketing gases need to be maintained at the correct levels. Protectoseal makes these products. Vapor and Flame Control Products | JPR Systems

Doing Our Part

Reducing Travel, Reducing Emissions

All of our team members in both our Brea and Bakersfield offices, have video-conferencing capabilities. As a result, our business travel is kept to a minimum. Our Inside and Outside Sales Engineers are field based, and employees in certain functions have the option to work remotely – drastically reducing our commute. We feel taking advantage of technology is critical in helping us to reduce carbon emissions.

Sustainability Through Recycling and Conservation

Recycling represents an increasingly large and important part of our sustainability efforts. It reduces the amount of waste sent to landfills, conserves natural resources, prevents pollution by reducing the need to collect new raw materials, and saves energy. At JPR Systems, we have begun to implement several recycling and conservation programs and will continue to explore further initiatives.

Plastic Waste Reduction

Our first step toward a more sustainable office was to install a water cooler instead of purchasing packaged bottled water each month. By doing so, we have reduced our monthly plastic water bottle waste by 95%. The remaining 5% plastic bottles, typically used by guests and delivery drivers, are recycled at a local recycling plant.

Battery Recycling Program

All used office batteries including household and portable device batteries, are collected and recycled using the Big Green Box Company, a nationwide battery recycling program. The company ensures each battery component is recovered and treated in the most efficient and environmentally-sound way.

Reusing Packing Material

Any time a package is received at JPR Systems, and contains packing material, such as bubble wrap, air pillows, packing peanuts, etc., it is stored and reused for outgoing shipments. If boxes are not damaged in the shipping process, often times they are reused as well. Future initiatives include recycling of well-worn boxes.

Conserving Resources

JPR Systems has recently removed the plants in front of the building and replaced with brick, allowing us to save precious water. Perhaps a small step, but a step in the right direction to saving resources and the environment. Future initiatives include replacing remaining foliage with drought tolerant plants.

Have a project in mind?

Reach out to us and we will get back to you shortly.